Sunday, June 11, 2017

It's Story...

"Yo, you own a Chevy?" Miguel asked. "No", I replied. "I just like to think about the story this old Chevy could tell." Miguel responded in a soft Hispanic voice, "Go ahead and take your pictures, but this ol girl does have some stories." He continued, "I bought her almost new from the owner of the farm were I worked up in Salinas. It saw some long hard dusty days. My daughter was almost born in her, but we made it in time to the doctors. She made it to her First Communion in her, with her new shiney black shoes. Later, her Quinceanera in her, even to her Wedding with that gleaming white dress on." I took a few shots of the old but still glistening classic grill and asked, "Is it for sale?" Miguel said "Na, it's going to be my grandsons sons car when he can drive." I smiled and said, "Fair enough, I like its story!"

This image made its debut at ArtWalk in San Diego, with several matted prints being sold. The one shown here is a high gloss print on metal. It's presented as a double float with a custom metal backing, framing the print all around. It includes a hanger on the back, ready to hang and enjoy. This one is a 16"x 24" and is beautiful to see in person. Signed, with a numbered certificate of authenticity. It's $595 plus tax, and includes shipping in the US. Let me know if you would like to add it to your art collection. I'm here.

"Chevy"

No comments:

Post a Comment